Sunday, July 13, 2008

The first week

The first week back into a real training schedule is always tough. During the time since Ironman Arizona in April I've been getting in some good miles here and there. A bunch of mountain biking, a bit of swimming and enough running to keep some sort of form. I have been taking about two days off a week and enjoying a little more relaxed schedule.

Last week it was a tri-cubed week. Three swim workouts, three bike workouts, and three run workouts. I haven't done a cubed week in a while due to running injury issues, a dislocated shoulder, and a lack of motivation.

The week went pretty well beyond the last two days. I put in a bunch of miles in the mountains on the bike during the week and headed with Luisa to Lyons, north of Boulder, to do some mountain biking yesterday. The ride started off with tired legs and a lot of frustration due to the technical nature of the beginning of the ride out at Hall Ranch. I didn't have the legs to keep good momentum up the technical climbs and my focus was off. After stopping to refocus and just enjoy my environment, the rest of the ride was awesome.

Then it was off to Boulder to meet up with friends: Nate, Bryan, Kate, and Erin. I worked my magic on the BBQ, put back a few too many brews, and just hung out until crashing at 1am.

8:30 on Sunday morning hit fast and it was back to Denver to get my run it. It was kind of rough going until I found the groove. I hit a few fast miles and then I was done after about an hour. It was slow going back to the apartment.

Tomorrow will be a much needed rest day.

No comments: