Friday, July 18, 2008

A little tired

Nearly two weeks into real training with a few hundred miles of riding at altitude, a bit more running than I usual do (did I mention that I'm not a huge fan of running?), and consistent swimming has left me a little low on energy. Sometimes you think that your body can work miracles overnight. Well, without some of that good stuff that Riccardo Ricco is on, your body takes a little bit to recovery from a hard training session, two nights of good sleep and an easy two hour ride doesn't quite make you feel tapered.

This morning on my 50 minute run I struggled to maintain any sort of tempo, then at swimming my shoulder felt as if they had just completed a sprint set. Come on, that sprint set was on Wednesday, it's Friday! My swimming is way out of shape.

Tomorrow I've decided to rest up and take a leisurely ride up some 6,724 vertical feet in 29 miles to the top of Mt Evans. Seriously, I love riding my bike and new rides like this get me really excited. I know that my legs will feel a little heavy, but after the first few miles I'll set my effort a bit below threshold and just ride.

It's going to be a great day.
GrandpaMungo.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep kickin' ASS! I love this shit!